The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences discovers, teaches and applies knowledge to disciplines that effect safe, affordable supplies of food and fiber, a cleaner environment and better health for people and animals.
- 4-H Youth Development and Family & Consumer Sciences
- Agricultural & Extension Education
- Agricultural & Resource Economics
- Animal Science
- Biological & Agricultural Engineering
- Crop Science
- Environmental & Molecular Toxicology
- Food, Bioprocessing, and Nutrition Sciences
- Horticultural Science
- Molecular & Structural Biochemistry
- Plant Biology
- Plant Pathology
- Prestage Family Department of Poultry Science
- Soil Science
NC State's College of Design has a long and distinguished record of producing skilled professionals in design-related disciplines. Its goal is to develop the student-designer's perception, knowledge, skills and problem-solving abilities.
The College of Education prepares teachers, administrators, counselors, researchers and analysts for careers in education from K-12 to postsecondary. It emphasizes global cultural awareness and the use of technology for enhanced learning.
- Curriculum, Instruction & Counselor Education
- Elementary Education
- Leadership, Policy and Adult and Higher Education
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics Education
NC State's College of Engineering ranks among the best in the nation in innovation, research and the number of undergraduate and graduate degrees awarded across traditional and cutting-edge engineering disciplines.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil, Construction & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences provides education, research and extension services in traditional humanities fields including literature, communications and political science. The college also focuses on public policy, global perspectives and other rapidly emerging disciplines such as rhetoric, film studies and digital media.
- Foreign Languages & Literatures
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy & Religious Studies
- Political Science [in the School of Public and International Affairs]
- Public Administration [in the School of Public and International Affairs]
- Social Work
- Sociology & Anthropology
The College of Natural Resources (CNR) is a world leader in the use and conservation of renewable resources and is recognized by many as a leading educator and researcher in forestry, environmental sciences, wood, paper, pulp, parks, recreation and tourism. CNR believes that nurturing the environment and engineering sustainable products go hand in hand with helping communities and enterprises thrive.
The College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences includes a number of highly ranked departments that prepare students in the physical sciences and mathematical fields so critical to today's multidisciplinary world of science. Innovation underpins its instructional methods and has led to many discoveries that improve the human condition and fuel economic growth.
NC State's Poole College of Management emphasizes innovation management and the commercialization of technology. Its accounting, business management and economics programs are global in scope, and the college often participates in the initiatives of other NC State departments, giving students the opportunity to resolve real-world challenges while putting theory into practice.
The College of Textiles is the world's leading program for textile education. Areas of study range from traditional manufacturing to medical textiles, nonwovens and marketing and supply chain management.
The College of Veterinary Medicine is among the top five teaching facilities of its kind in the nation. Through comprehensive classroom instruction, outstanding laboratory facilities and a veterinary teaching hospital, the college provides state-of-the-art medical care while training veterinarians and researchers in the latest technologies and practices.
The Graduate School is at the heart of the university's vast research community. It offers programs in more than 100 areas, plus numerous minors, certificate programs and interdisciplinary options. Many of these graduate programs are ranked among the nation's best and combine dynamic research opportunities with an emphasis on collaboration between departments to give NC State graduate students an outstanding education.