Frank Thompson Hall includes the two recently renovated theatres: Titmus Theatre, seating 192 and the Kennedy McIlwee Studio Theatre, seating 102. Also in the building are the theatre production shops, rehearsal hall and classrooms.
The Thompson Hall spaces are heavily booked by the production activities of University Theatre, but are occasionally available for use by student and campus organizations for lectures, concerts, plays and other shows. Off-campus renters are welcome when space and time are available. Please read the campus user or rental user information carefully before requesting space.
Please read the campus user or rental user information below carefully before requesting space.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT OTHER ORGANIZATIONS TO SHARE OR TRADE RESERVED DATES.
(Registered student organizations/ Academic or Administrative Departments)
Please read through the University Theatre Event Handbook before reserving a date. This handbook outlines our policies and procedures and includes important information that will assist you from the reservation process through the successful completion of your event.
BROWSE FOR AVAILABILITY IN FRANK THOMPSON HALL THEATRES:
Through the link below you can click Browse and Search, then Browse Upcoming Events and search for events and dates in Stewart Theatre and other campus facilities. If you click "Filter" on the right side of the navigation bar, you can choose a facility, room and specific date.
TO REQUEST A RESERVATION FOR THEATRE SPACES:
1. Click on the link below or at http://emsv.oit.ncsu.edu/virtualems to browse
2. Click My Account
3. Create an Account
4. Your status will be marked as "pending." Within 1 (one) business day, you will be approved and can begin to browse. Please note that dates with a yellow line through them and an event title are not available for booking. NO REQUEST WILL BE CONSIDED VALID UNLESS BILLING INFORMATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
5. Requests are not confirmed reservations. University Theatre will contact you with a confirmation.
If you have questions or need help you may call the office at 919.513-8318 or you can also contact Andrew Korhonen by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. We require the following forms which will be emailed to you by the booking coordinator:
- Hold confirmation: sign and return
- Agreement of Use (these forms hold your request in the calendar)
- Technical Information Sheet: Please contact our Operations Coordinator at 919.513.8318 to discuss the details of your event in order to fill out this form with the most complete information. This is required by all users of the facility. After you have spoken with the Operations Coordinator, please complete and submit the Technical Information Sheet. This form is due no later than 21 days before your event.
Based on the Technical Information Sheet and coordination with production staff, an estimate of event costs will be provided to you before your event.
Rental charges are waived for registered student groups. Additional costs for your event include the cost of the technical and house crews necessary to complete your event and an administrative charge for administrative and academic departments, and campus co-sponsored events.
If you are selling tickets you will be required to use Ticket Central. Do not begin selling tickets until procedures have been approved.
Other charges are detailed in the rate summary.
You will be billed following your event. Your payment is due within 30 days of receiving your invoice.
Please see the Rate Summary for charges you can expect for your event.
Please refer to the University Theatre Event Handbook for more information and other requirements for your event.