University Communications provides the Tower logo as a supported logo option for university marketing and communications products. The Tower logo (evolved from the phased-out 125th anniversary year logo) is a single logo with a modern, simple and stylized visual element paired with the university’s name treatment. The Tower logo system has a full set of treatments specifically designed to help colleges, divisions and departments brand their print and electronic communications and presentations. Be sure to review the brand guidelines (.pdf) so you can know how to use the Tower logo consistently. The Tower logo guidelines function in addition to the standard brand guidelines viewable on this NC State brand website, with a few notable elements:
- Additional placement options for the Tower logo
- Horizontal and vertical logo options
- Multiple design templates
University Communications will develop more Tower logo design templates for various communication channels and mediums on an ongoing basis. If you would like guidance for how best to use the logo and assets, additional explanation of specific guidelines, or a review of your design with pointers on effective use of the brand, feel free to send us an email: email@example.com.
Tower Logo Guidelines and Usage
- This combined mark and type treatment can be used in place of the NC State University brick logo.
- You have the flexibility to use the logo wherever makes the most sense for any particular layout.
- The mark and type treatment constitute a single logo and must remain together and unmodified.
- In certain situations, exceptions may be granted to allow additional flexibility in using the belltower mark.
- For mobile and other applications that would benefit from “button style” logo (in which the logo functions as an actual button), the
belltower logo may be used, provided:
- The mark always appears in close proximity to the brick used in compliance with existing brand standards.
- Applications using the belltower mark separated from “NC State University” must be approved by UComm and receive the appropriate approvals from University Trademark and Licensing when applicable.
Download the family of tower logos (zip).
These presentation templates use our substitute font, Arial.
Center-Top Horizontal Logo Template
Left-Top Horizontal Logo Template
Top-Left Vertical Logo Template
Bottom-Right Vertical Logo Template
For use with Facebook’s “Timeline” feature. (NOTE: the stylized belltower should NOT be used as a profile picture/avatar.)
For use on a Twitter feed page. (NOTE: the stylized belltower should NOT be used as a profile picture/avatar.)