Beyond the Books
College is all about discovering who you are—and who you want to be. That’s why, at NC State, you’ll find there’s more to college life than just attending class.
The Division of Academic & Student Affairs supports all NC State students with hundreds of extracurricular learning, recreational and cultural activities. Campus life at NC State offers more than 40 different intramural and Division I varsity sports, a thriving Greek community, more than 400 student organizations, and a variety of student publications and media outlets. Study-abroad opportunities are available in most any country imaginable. If you are ready to grow your experience, skills and resume, job internships and co-ops are great ways to learn and have fun—beginning your freshmen year.
- From campus kicks (for sneaker lovers) to aerial robotics, there’s a student organization to meet most any special, professional, political, ethnic or other diverse academic, career and social interests.
- Hundreds of sports and recreational opportunities keep you fit physically and mentally.
- Choose the best housing for you from dozens of on- and off-campus options that meet a variety of lifestyles and academic or special interests. There are on-campus communities reserved specifically for students who share the same academic focus or special interest like the University Honors Program Village, the Arts Village, WISE Village for freshman and sophomore women in science and engineering, and SAY Village for students interested in advocating for youth.
- Review our student programs to find out if ROTC or another academic program is right for you.
- Crave a little organized culture? Expand your horizons by being a part of our many arts activities.
- Hone your leadership skills and make a difference with community service initiatives.
- Strengthen your physical health and emotional well-being by taking advantage of student support services.