JOB SEARCH RESOURCES
Use these resources to help you find potential employers and opportunities.
- Career fairs: Plan to attend at least one career fair each semester @ NC State.
- ePACK: Update your ePACK account each semester and participate fully. ePACK is NC State's #1 source for internships, entry-level jobs and employer contacts. Be in the system when employers search the database of resumes!
- Student organizations: Connect with members of your professional, honors, community or social organizations. Seek their advice and suggestions!
- Faculty & staff: Tap into the expertise of faculty and staff. Meet to discuss your career interests and job search. Hear their insights about job trends in your field.
- Social media: 41% of May 2012 grads used social media for their search [NACE]. Update your Facebook status or Twitter timeline with info about your search. New graduates try LinkedIn, a professional networking site. Brand yourself well to survive a google search!
- Career Shift: Use tools to search, save and organize publicly available job postings and employer contacts. Sort for NC State alumni!
- eLeads: Use this database of employer contacts in fields of interest to CHASS, Design, Management and Natural Resources majors to inquire directly about potential opportunties.
- Select sites: Use a sampling of sites selected by CDC staff.
- Company websites: Follow instructions carefully, use keywords found in the job description, and update your profile to remain a "current" job seeker.