There are many options for graduate study -- full-time, part-time, and distance programs. While some students prefer to go directly after graduation, others prefer to wait -- to achieve other goals or to clarify their focus of study. If you're thinking of working and going to school, you'll find that many employers offer tuition reimbursement programs.
Making the decision
- Consult faculty: academic advisor, pre-professional advisor, graduate program director.
- Ask employers about career options with a graduate degree.
- Review career information to determine if an advanced degree is required.
- Research programs: Princeton Review / US News & World Report
- Talk with current graduate students.
- Meet with your career counselor.
Beginning the application process