- Prepare for your career by using campus and UCC resources for maximum employability.
- Provide accurate information to the UCC and to employers about your academic record, experiences, skills, and visa status. Misrepresentations may be subject to Student Conduct proceedings.
- Conduct yourself professionally during all encounters with employers - written or email correspondence, phone contact, and personal interactions.
- Be prepared for every interview by researching employers in advance and preparing answers to interview questions.
- Follow through on your commitment when you sign up for an interview. If you need to cancel your interview, let us know in advance when possible.
- Accept a job offer in good faith. Once you accept an offer, honor that commitment. Withdraw from the recruiting process and notify other employers you are actively considering. Do not continue to interview.
- Ask questions when you are unclear about a service or resource offered by the UCC. We are here to help.
- Provide the best available advice and assistance to you regarding career choice and job search assistance.
- Treat each student with respect and care. Create an atmosphere that encourages participation of all students at NC State without regard to race, color, natural origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Provide access for all students to participate in services, programs, and events.
- Maintain a recruitment process that is fair and equitable to both students and employers. (Read our policy disclaimer as it relates to postings and links.)
- Ensure your confidentiality - your conversations with staff members are always confidential.