You will not be the right candidate for every internship or job. At the same time, not every internship or job will be right for you.
Keep in mind
- Every student experiences rejection at some point in the process.
- Do not take an employer's decision personally. There are many factors -- some in your control, some out of your control.
- The job search process is competitive. There are many qualified candidates.
- If you see a pattern, evaluate your performance. Where is the roadblock?
- Consult with your career counselor to discuss.
- Make corrections to your approach as needed.
- Keep your confidence high; believe in yourself so that others will too.
- Reevaluate your strategies; make room for improvement.
- Every student brings strengths; be ready to communicate yours.