Workshops | TREE Seminar Series
TRIANGLE RESOURCE AND ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS SEMINAR SERIES (TREE)
CEnREP has joined with RTI International and Duke University to present the Triangle Resource and Environmental Economics Seminar Series. Support for the workshops is provided by the Department of Agricultural and Resources Economics and the Department of Economics at NC State University, RTI International and Duke University. Prominent speakers are brought in from universities throughout the nation as well as government agencies to speak on topics of current interest.
Unless otherwise announced, the workshop series meets at RTI International (map) on Thursdays from 3:15 pm to 4:45 pm. Papers presented at the workshops, when available, are posted on this website. For the Spring Semester 2014 the following speakers will be presenting:
- January 16, 2014, Eli Fenichel, Yale University, "Natural capital from metaphor to measurement" (Paper) Bldg O9, CR 137, RTI
- February 13, 2014, Rob Johnston, Clark University, "Are There Theoretical Limits on Outcomes That Can Be Valued Using Stated Preferences? An Illustration Using Migratory Fish Restoration" (Paper) Cox Multipurpose Room, RTI (POSTPONED TO FALL 2014)
- March 6, 2014, Catherine Kling, Iowa State University, "
The Economics of Dead Zones: Causes, Impacts, Policy Challenges, and a Model of the Gulf of Mexico Hypoxic Zone"
(Paper) Bldg O9, CR 137, RTI
- March 27, 2014, Andrew Yates, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Bldg O9, CR 137, RTI
- April 10, 2014, Jennifer Alix-Garcia, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Cox Multipurpose Room, RTI
PAST TREE SEMINARS