The NC State Cooperative Education Program is structured to provide multiple work experiences for students, with study and work terms. At the same time, our students can fill an important role in your company - energetic, skilled workers eager to make a good impression and contacts in the real world.
A Co-op placement is more than an internship or a part-time gig - our students are dedicated, hard-working and ready to jump into a position that's in line with their career or academic goals. While a student is out on Coop, he or she is still considered a full-time NC State student.
As an employer, you want to hire only the best and the brightest employees - our students must qualify academically and participate in a number of pre-screening assessements and interviews with a member of the cooperative education staff before they are allowed to apply for a position with a participating employer.
At that point, you will have the ability to screen resumes, arrange for interviews and make offers to only those students who best fulfill your needs and requirements.
Studies have shown that recruitment efforts were more successful with Co-op graduates, recruitment costs were lower and many Co-op students offered permanent jobs accepted them.
As an employer participating in the Co-op program, you'll enjoy:
- Access to reliable, motivated and skilled individuals whose career objectives are directly related to the job,
- Access to temporary help with short- or long-term projects and assignments,
- The opportunity to evaluate students for employment upon graduation,
- Access to a diverse employee base, and
- The opportunity to form a lasting partnership between your organization and NC State University.
Want to learn more? Request a packet of employer information today, by sending your mailing address to the Co-op Office.