Breadcrumb Navigation:CODA > College of Design
CODA: College of Design
Revised: January 2, 2012
Architecture, Art + Design, Graphic Design, and Industrial Design
Applicants currently attending NC State University in a degree program are considered On-Campus Transfers and must submit an electronic application and portfolio by November 1 for admission consideration into a studio-based major (Architecture, Art + Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design). Supporting transcripts will be retrieved electronically in early January to verify academic requirements from fall semester coursework. No changes will be accepted once grades are verified.
To be considered for review, applicants must:
- Complete a minimum of 15 semester hours at NC State University during the fall semester of application with at least a 2.7 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Complete a minimum of 15 additional hours during the spring semester
- Of the 30 hours completed, only 3 hours per semester can be taken for credit-only
- AP credits or Credit By Exam hours are NOT counted in the total hours completed
For confirmed acceptance to the College of Design, transfer students must have completed a minimum of 30 hours with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7. Final transcripts will be reviewed in early June.
Design Studies Degree
Students interested in transferring into Design Studies (non-studio based), must meet the following requirements for admission consideration:
- 3.0 or higher cumulative NC State GPA
- Complete a minimum of 15 semester hours at NC State University
- Admission is competitive
For questions regarding the On-Campus Transfer Application process, contact the Student and Academic Services Office at 919-515-8306 or stop by our office in Brooks Hall, 225.