Bomb Threat Procedures
Remain calm and obtain as much information as possible using the checklist below.
If threat is made by phone:
- Make note of the caller's number if caller id is available.
- Ask questions:
• When is the bomb going to explode?
• Where is the bomb?
• What does it look like?
• What kind of bomb is it?
• What will cause it to explode?
• Did you place the bomb?
• Where are you calling from?
• What is your name?
If threat is written:
- Do not handle note any more than necessary; secure it for police officers.
- Notify Campus Police
- Campus phone 911
- activate emergency blue light phone
- Notify your supervisor If you or someone locates a suspicious device, do not touch. Notify responders.