General Hugh Shelton Corporate/Agency Values-Based Leadership Award
By virtue of your exclusive corporate/agency membership in the Chairman’s Leadership Circle, the Shelton Leadership Center invites you to nominate one employee that exemplifies excellence in the criteria below. The employee will receive an impressive eagle award at the annual Shelton Leadership Forum and at a corporate event of your choosing. Your company can establish your own process for nominating your one employee for recognition.
Please complete this nomination form with their leadership experience, community involvement and strong evidence of the employee’s congruence with the mission of the Shelton Leadership Center:
" To inspire, educate, and develop values-based leaders committed to personal integrity, professional ethics, and selfless service. "
A complete application will include the following materials:
- The nomination cover page with company, recommender and nominee information.
- List of leadership experience and potential and a list of community and service involvement.
- Recommendation narrative of nominee’s qualifications.
- Signature of recommender.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Leadership Experience and Potential--- Nominees should have a history of active involvement with corporate and community activities and a goal of increasing involvement of others, particularly in the area of leadership development. Nominees must demonstrate the ability to understand and apply the concepts of values-based leadership and selfless service and be willing to critically examine their own behavior and performance, specifically as it affects the individual, your business, and the community.
- Orientation toward Community and Service---Nominees should have an awareness of themselves as members of broader communities upon which they depend and which they help to shape. Applicants should exhibit an active commitment to responsible stewardship and a desire to help address business, community, state, national, and/or global issues through participation and service.
- Evidence of Personal Character and Integrity--- Nominees should demonstrate strong personal character, perhaps using this strength of character to be resilient in the face of extenuating circumstances or in overcoming significant professional and/or personal obstacles. Nominees should demonstrate how purposeful commitment to critical thinking as an intellectually disciplined process is guided by personal beliefs and ethical values.
- Commitment to Personal Growth--- Nominees must have a desire to actively participate in developing themselves as leaders by seeking out new experiences, gaining new skills, and making a commitment to ongoing self-discovery and personal development. It is expected that there will be evidence of time management skills necessary to accomplish multiple personal and professional goals.
- Commitment to Physical Fitness and Wellness--- Nominees should demonstrate a commitment to overall health and wellness. Nominees should reflect a commitment to physical fitness and the discipline and time management skills necessary to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Commitment to Shape Corporate Leadership Culture--- Nominees, regardless of position or rank, should actively work to improve the corporate culture and environment, to integrate the cornerstones of values-based leadership into this culture and environment, and to promote leadership development within the business.
Downloadable Application :