Application and Application Processes
Access Shelton Challenge Application
Access Take II Application
What is the application process for the Shelton Challenge?
- All applications are currently available on our website or by contacting our office to receive a hard copy by mail.
- Deadlines - We are currently accepting and enrolling students for the 2013 sessions. Space is still available, so please submit your applications.
- Return Application and References to: North Carolina State University; General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Center; Attn: Shelton Challenge Application; 223 McKimmon Center; Campus Box 7401; Raleigh, NC 27695-7401 or fax to (919) 513-4813 (fax).
- First option: The application can be saved to hard drive, completed and printed to be sent in through the mail to our office. References and deposit may be sent in with the application. Or, references may be sent separately; Students applying for the the Shelton Challenge (Take II) are asked only to provide reference names and contact information at this time;
- Second option: The application can be saved to hard drive, completed and emailed to email@example.com. Please send deposit to address provided on the application.
- Third option: If you prefer our office to mail an application to you through the mail service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-513-0148.
- We encourage the youth to complete the application and distribute the two reference forms to individuals who have an understanding of the applicant's skills and abilities. Again, the reference forms may be sent separately from the application.
- There is $100 due with the application that is deducted from the $575 amount due prior to the program.
- Once our office receives the application and references, we will process the application within two weeks of that date. The applicant will receive an initial letter of acceptance and initial information to return to our office. We will continue to communicate with the student up to the program with additional information.
- NOTE: Our review process takes into consideration the applicant's answers to the questions asked in the application, what the applicant hopes to gain from the experience, and what the applicant hopes to take back to the community. We also take into consideration grade point average.
- Applying for financial assistance: We are currently not able to fund any financial scholarships to attend the 2013 Shelton Challenge. All funds have been allocated.
Submitting Application for UNC at Charlotte and NC State Shelton Challenge Locations
2013 Shelton Challenge Application (* NCSU June 16-21; * UNCC - June 23-28; * NCSU - July 7-12; * NCSU July 21-26)
Applications may be submitted by mail or email to email@example.com. Please refer to Shelton Challenge Application, or Shelton Challenge (TAKE II) Application for applications. We encourage applicants to submit their applications earlier than the deadline since we are already enrolling students for this summer. Once spaces are filled to capacity for each week, we will place students on a waiting list.
If you are interested in attending the Shelton Challenge, you may contact our office for us to send you a hard copy application or you may download an application above. We ask that applicants ask two people to serve as references. Persons completing the reference form provided above may either send it with your application, separately in the mail, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send $100 of the $575 at time of submitting application. If you are applying for financial assistance, please send $25 administrative fee deposit. If you are NOT applying for financial assistance, please send $100 deposit at time of submitting the application. Please make checks payable to Shelton Leadership Challenge. Please send application and payment to General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Center, Attn: Shelton Challenge, Campus Box 7401, NCSU, Raleigh, NC 27695-7401.
Access 2013 TAKE II Application
If you have previously attended the Shelton Challenge program and are interested in attending the Shelton Challenge (TAKE II), you can contact our office for us to send you a hard copy application or you may download an application here. There is currently only two ways to complete the TAKE II application: contact our office to have a hard copy sent to you by mail OR save soft copy application provided above to your desktop, complete it and send it to our office. Students applying for the Shelton Challenge (Take II) are asked ONLY to provide reference names and contact information at this time. We will take up to 30 students for the Take II program. We will place applicants on a waiting list if spaces fill up prior to the deadline.
Please send $100 of the $575 at time of submitting application. If you ARE applying for financial assistance, please send $25 administrative fee deposit. If you are NOT applying for financial assistance, please send $100 deposit at time of submitting the application. Please make checks payable to Shelton Leadership Challenge. Please send application and payment to General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Center, Attn: Shelton Challenge (TAKE II), Campus Box 7401, NCSU, Raleigh, NC 27695-7401.
Submitting Application to Other Sites Listed below:
NC Wesleyan Shelton Challenge Application (June 23-28)
The application for NC Wesleyan Shelton Challenge is a separate process. Please complete and return the below application and two references to the address provided on the application. Please go to...
East Carolina University Application (July 21-26)