Shelton Challenge Staffing Process
Apply to Serve on Shelton Staff
The Shelton Challenge has a three-person staffing model: Peer Leader, Coach, Mentor, Trainer (CMT), and Facilitator/Instructor.
- The Peer Leader position is available to youth who have previously attended the Shelton Challenge and have at least a 3.0 grade point average.
- The CMT position is available to youth who have previously served as a Peer Leader for at least two years or students who have at least completed his or her first year in college.
- The Facilitator/Instructor position is available to adults who have a passion to work with youth and college students instructing with a collaborative experiential pedagogy model.
The 2014 Shelton Challenge Staff applications are now available. Applications have been sent to the 2013 Staff and all youth who attended the 2013 Shelton Challenge. You can complete the appropriate application online below, please email Anna Patton, email@example.com. Completed PDF applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or printed and mailed to the office. The deadline to submit applications for Peer Leader is December 13, 2013. The deadline to submit applications for CMT and Instructor is January 17, 2014.
- Peer Leader (PL) Application/Reference Form
- Coach, Mentor, Trainer (CMT) Application
- Facilitator/Instructor Application
- Access to Peer Leader Reference Submission
- Application deadline for positions for Peer Leader is December 13, 2013. The deadline to submit applications for CMT and Instructor is January 17, 2014. When you submit your application online, you should receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at email@example.com or phone at 919-513-0148. We will do our best to send a confirmation email to individuals who send applications through the email or the postal service.
- The next step in the application process is to have individuals applying to serve as a Peer Leader or CMT to participate in an on-site exercise (very similar to the leadership reaction exercises we have during the week experience). We will identify one Peer Leader applicant to serve as the leader for the team they are assigned and two CMT applicants to observe and process the team activity. Instructors will serve as evaluators during the activities for selection process.
- Selection Dates are Saturday, January 25th in Raleigh or February 1st in Concord. Time for both dates will be 1-4 pm. More information to follow. In the event of inclement weather during either selection date, a make-up selection date is scheduled for February 8, 2014 from 1-4 pm in Raleigh.
- If you are not able to participate in the staff selection exercise one of the two days listed, you are still eligible. However, it is very helpful for us to be able to observe how you have continued to develop your leadership skills since the summer.
- Individuals applying to serve as a facilitator/instructor will be individually contacted on an on-going basis upon receipt of application.
- All applicants will be notified of their status for the position by the end of February.
- Those who are offered to serve in a staff position for 2014 will need to notify us of accepting the position by the beginning of March.
- Staff Training: All staff should plan to attend training on March 29th from 10am-4pm in Raleigh.There will also be another day of training the Saturday before your camp starts.