Shelton Challenge Staffing Process
Apply to Serve on Shelton Staff
The Shelton Challenge has a three-person staffing model: Peer Leader, Coach, Mentor, Trainer (CMT), and Facilitator/Instructor.
- The Peer Leader position is available to youth who have previously attended the Shelton Challenge and have at least a 3.0 grade point average.
- The CMT position is available to youth who have previously served as a Peer Leader for at least two years or students who have at least completed his or her first year in college.
- The Facilitator/Instructor position is available to adults who have a passion to work with youth and college students instructing with a collaborative experiential pedagogy model.
The 2013 Shelton Challenge Staff applications are now available. Applications have been sent to the 2012 Staff and all youth who attended the 2012 Shelton Challenge. You can also download applications below. The deadline to submit applications for Peer Leader is January 21, 2013.
- Peer Leader (PL) Application/Reference Form
- Coach, Mentor, Trainer (CMT) Application
- Facilitator/Instructor Application
- Application deadline for positions are January 21, 2013. If you submit your application by email, you should receive an email confirming receipt of the application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at email@example.com or phone at 919-513-0148. We will do our best to send a confirmation email to individuals who send applications through the mail.
- The next step in the application process is to have individuals applying to serve as a Peer Leader or CMT to participate in an on-site exercise (very similar to the leadership reaction exercises we have during the week experience). We will identify one Peer Leader applicant to serve as the leader for the team they are assigned and two CMT applicants to observe and process the team activity. Instructors will serve as evaluators during the activities for selection process. Two dates open are Saturday, January 26th or February 2nd. Time for both dates will be 1-4 pm. More information to follow.
- If you are not able to participate in the staff selection exercise one of the two days listed, you are still eligible. However, it is very helpful for us to be able to observe how you have continued to develop your leadership skills since the summer.
- Individuals applying to serve as a facilitator/instructor will be individually contacted on an on-going basis upon receipt of application.
- All applicants will be notified of their status for the position by the end of February.
- Those who are offered to serve in a staff position for 2013 will need to notify us of accepting the position by the beginning of March.
- There will be two staff training days prior to the week you are selected to serve on staff. Dates have not yet been determined.