NC State aspires to develop a total learning community dedicated to providing high quality educational experiences that help students develop the skills and personal qualities required of leaders in a civil society.
Providing scholarships and intensive leadership development recognizes the importance of nurturing leadership, personal growth, and civic engagement during the undergraduate and graduate years. Multidisciplinary curricular leadership instruction is enriched by self-study, internships, service-learning, public service and guided reflection.
Named Leadership Scholarships
The goal is to have named leadership scholarships in all colleges in addition to the National Gen. Hugh Shelton Scholarship and Shelton/Caldwell Scholarship programs.
Multi-disciplinary curricular leadership instruction will be expanded from the classroom to the boardroom. Graduates will develop workforce leadership, program-solving and ethical decision making skills. Our graduates will embrace the multiple dimensions of intelligence.
ROTC Leadership Training and Development
This endowment honors those NC State Alumni and current students who have chosen to support and defend their nation through service in the Armed Forces. Endowment funds provide support for technical training aids used to inspire, educate and develop values-based leaders committed to personal integrity, professional ethics and selfless service.
Wolfpack Student-Athlete Leadership Academy
Comprehensive leadership training for student-athletes and summer sports camps will help our athletes be "champions in the classroom, champions on the field, and champions in the community".
Shelton Leadership Challenge Institute
High School students learn values-based leadership skills centered on principles of honest, integrity, compassion, respect for diversity, and social responsibility integrating hands-on leadership opportunities and three hundred and sixty degree feedback components.
There are naming opportunities and giving options at every gift level in each department and college at NC State. We look forward to discussing your investment in shaping the leaders of the state, nation and world, whether it's by supplementing a program or by making a truly transforming gift.
Ways to Give
- $1 million - $2.5 million minimum: endowed faculty chair, endowed named program, endowed professorship, faculty endowment, program endowment.
- $500,000 minimum: Shelton National Scholarship, endowed assistant professorship, named keynote address.
- $250,000 minimum: Shelton/Caldwell Scholarship, endowed training enhancement fund, endowed faculty enhancement fund, endowed program enhancement.
- $100,000 minimum: Endowed Caldwell Fellows Scholarship, endowed faculty program award, endowed graduate student partial support, named seminars, endowed student fellowship fund, endowed program enhancement fund.
- $15,000 minimum: endowed program restricted fund, endowed undergraduate supplemental scholarship, leadership program endowment, leadership faculty professional development, endowed program support, endowed student participant stipends.