General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Forum
Tom Brokaw speaking at the 2011 Shelton Leaderhsip Forum
DETAILS CONCERNING THE 2012 FORUM , please see Current Forum
The annual General H. Hugh Shelton National Leadership Forum is committed to providing excellence in inspirational leadership and professional development. Primary focus centers on the importance of values-based leadership development for corporations, educational institutions, community agencies and public officials. We strategically coordinate this one-day event, during the month of November, to interconnect these varied constituencies in professional dialog around leadership development to enhance the opportunity for community partnerships and personal growth. Topic areas discussed have been:
- Values-Based Leadership
- Leading Organizations that Embrace Change
- Practical Applications for Exemplary Leadership
- Leadership That Leaves a Legacy
- Leadership From the Top: Shaping the Organizational Culture
- Shaping the Game: The Power of TEAM Leadership
Speakers have included but are not limited to:
- General H. Hugh Shelton
- Tom Brokaw, NBC Correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"
- Cal Ripken, Jr., Baseball Iron Man and Hall of Famer
- Howard Putnam, Former CEO of Southwest Airlines
- LTG Rusell Honoré, Commanding General of First Army
- Secretary William S. Cohen, Former Secretary of Defense
- Dr. Stephen Covey, author of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Mr. Jim Kouzes, co-author of The Leadership Challenge
- Mr. Ross Perot, Founder and CEO Emeritus of Perot Systems Corporation
- Dr. John Maxwell, author of The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader
- Mr. August Busch IV, President of Anheuser Busch, Inc.
- Ms. Connie Stevens, CEO of Forever Spring
- Mr. Matthew Szulik, President of Red Hat, Inc.
- Mr. Steve Zelnak, Chrm. and CEO of Martin Marietta
- Ms. Suzanne Burns, VP and General Manager of Eaton Corporation
- Dr. Tom Houlihan, Executive Director of Council of Chief State School Officers
- Mr. William Friday, Founding President of the North Carolina University System
- Mr. Orage Quarles, President and CEO of Raleigh’s News & Observer
The forum is ideal for personnel in the corporate, higher education, K-12 education and government professions to attend for leadership development training. Please contact the General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Center at 919.513.0148 or Debbie Reno Acker at email@example.com for more information.
For information to sponsor our annual Shelton Forum, please contact Dr. Mike Davis, Asst. Vice Chancellor & Director of General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Center at 919.513.0148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.