Gardner Arboretum

Gardner Arboretum

Scroll below for building history

Click to view ADA Map
Accessibility Map

Location: North Campus

 

To: Campus Map
To: Facilities Division
To: Floor Plans


History

Located between Patterson Hall and Burlington Nuclear Labs, the M.E. Gardner Arboretum was named for Monroe Evans Gardner. Gardner served as Head of the Department of Horticulture from 1933 to 1956, as well as N. C. State Fair judge for 32 years.

The statue in the arboretum was built in honor of Professor Emeritus of Chemistry, William R. Johnston. He was always seen strolling across campus reading his books, and now that memory will always live on. It is a campus tradition to rub the professor's head before one's first chemsitry exam for good luck.


Return to the Building Index or Return to the Campus Map Tunnel - not accessible (click for details) Emergency Blue Light Telephone Location Accessible Wolfline Bus Transit Stop Steep Grade - may require assistance (click for details) Nearest accessible van parking spaces - number indicates available spaces Nearest accessible car parking spaces - number indicates available spaces Passenger Elevator - requiring a key for access (click for details) Passenger elevator (click for details) Accessible Facility Entrance (click for details) Automatic Door Opener Accessible Entrance (click for details) Elevation Change (click for details) Access Route (click for details) Inaccessible Building (click for details) Partially Accessible Building (click for details) Accessible Building (click for details) South Campus North Campus Centennial Campus Central Campus Central Campus South Campus West Campus Stadium and Arena