Morris Building

Morris Building

View From Southeast

Scroll below for building history

Click to view ADA Map
Accessibility Map

Location: North Campus


Current Residents:


Built 1926

Sq. Footage 12,000

To: Campus Map
To: Facilities Division
To: Floor Plans


History

The three-story Morris Building has a total area of 12,000 square feet. It is named after an NC State graduate of 1909, William Flaude Morris (1884-1972). He taught mechanical drawing for three years before spending nearly 20 years of private employment with the Clayton Oil Seed Company. In 1932, he returned to NC State as a teacher of mechanical drawing and director of the steam laboratory.

Throughout the Depression and the years of major student-population growth for NC State, Morris directed the "service department," now called Facilities Operations. During this time, he stretched federal funding to provide housing, temporary trailers, small frame "apartment" units, electric power, roads, water and sewer service for the demands of a growing campus population.


Return to the Building Index or Return to the Campus Map Tunnel - not accessible (click for details) Emergency Blue Light Telephone Location Accessible Wolfline Bus Transit Stop Steep Grade - may require assistance (click for details) Nearest accessible van parking spaces - number indicates available spaces Nearest accessible car parking spaces - number indicates available spaces Passenger Elevator - requiring a key for access (click for details) Passenger elevator (click for details) Accessible Facility Entrance (click for details) Automatic Door Opener Accessible Entrance (click for details) Elevation Change (click for details) Access Route (click for details) Inaccessible Building (click for details) Partially Accessible Building (click for details) Accessible Building (click for details) South Campus North Campus Centennial Campus Central Campus Central Campus South Campus West Campus Stadium and Arena