Initiating a Work Request
- Work request should be directed through the Building Liaison. If the Building Liaison is not available, Please call the Customer Service Center at 515-2991.
- The Building Liaison will be responsible for determining whether the request should be
phoned in (Priority #1), written up on a work request form or submitted through Web FM to
the Customer Service Center.
- The requestor and/or Building Liaison is responsible for providing all pertinent information
to the request.
- Upon receipt of the request, the Customer Service Center will enter the data into the FMS work order
system. If the work request is of a routine/planned nature, the Customer Service Center will mail back
a copy of the request form with the work request number that is assigned to the request. If the work
request is a Priority #1, the Customer Service Center will enter the data in the FMS work order system and
the request will be dispatched immediately to the appropriate area for repair.
Initiating a Minor Renovation Project and
- The customer initiates a project by submitting a work request through the Building Liaison.
- The request is reviewed to determine if a Facilities Modification Request is required. A Facilities Modification Request is a provisional review that takes into account space allocation and zoning, safety concerns, consistency with the NC State Master Plan, and aesthetics.
- The project is assigned a project manager. The project manager contacts the customer to develop a scope of work that includes any required project deadlines. The project manager also develops an estimate. Developing a project scope and providing estimates are free. The customer can decide if they would like a fixed price or a time and materials contract. The customer is asked to pay for detailed design if required to provide a fixed price.
- The project manager will prepare a proposal for review by the customer. Once the proposal is executed, the project will be turned over to the shops for construction.
- The scheduler will contact the customer to schedule the work and the shops will then perform the work.
- The project manager reviews the work with the customer and the shops will repair any discrepancies, if required.
- Once the customer is satisfied with the work, Facilities Operations will send the customer an invoice through Service Unit Billing.