IT Resources for Faculty and Staff
NC State is focused on technology – and not just in its curricula and research. From the campus gigabit Ethernet fiber optic data network infrastructure, to the award-winning digital resources of the NCSU Libraries and the industrial-strength business applications of the MyPack Portal, NC State faculty and staff members have the advantage of sophisticated information technologies to help them do their best work.
Below are links to information about technology resources available to faculty and staff at NC State.
- NC State Help Desk is the campus gateway to technical help for administrative and academic computing, networking and other IT services.
- Office of Information Technology (OIT) supports campus-wide IT systems and services for administrative, academic and research computing functions. For information about desktop support and additional IT resources, faculty and staff should contact their departmental IT staff.
- Unity computing account IDs and passwords are automatically created for each NC State employee. These provide access to restricted online services and data, the university wireless network and many other IT resources. All employees also receive a university e-mail account.
- MyPack Portal offers easy Web access to payroll, benefits and other online self-services for NC State employees. It can enable staff members to conduct financial and other essential functions of the university online, and streamlines the administration of courses for faculty, too.
- Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications (DELTA) provides tools and training to help faculty enhance their courses with online technology. Browse the more than 300 online courses.
- ClassTech supports the design and use of technologies in classrooms and other learning spaces across campus.
- NCSU Libraries is an award-winning “Library of the Future” for technology innovations and digital resources.
- The Virtual Computing Lab (VCL), developed at NC State, provides “anywhere, anytime” access to high-end computers and software to anyone with a valid Unity ID and password.
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) facilities and expert consulting are available for researchers and their students.
- The campus wireless network can accommodate more than 23,000 simultaneous users. Find useful tools and information with wireless mobile devices on the NC State Mobile Web site.
- NC State Bookstores’ Computer Connections offers faculty and staff the latest hardware, software and peripherals, often at educationally discounted prices.
- Free IT training is available to all staff and faculty.
- All NC State faculty and staff must abide by the university’s Policies, Regulations and Rules for use of Information Technology.