The FYC Village
The First Year College, in partnership with University Housing strives to create a seamless living and learning community that challenges and supports academic, personal, and social development of First Year College students in Tucker and Owen Residence Halls. To that end, the First Year College Village is designed to enhance the college transition and learning experiences of our residents by providing a safe and welcoming environment for residents to meet peers from diverse backgrounds and cultures, develop a sense of community, and connect to the larger University community.
As an FYC student you have the opportunity to live in the FYC Village, if you choose to live on campus. There are many benefits to living in these halls:
- Great Programs and Traditions to help you Explore, Engage, and Excel
- Both halls (Tucker and Owen) are located on Central Campus, which is near academic buildings, NCSU Bookstore, Talley Student Center, Fountain Dining Hall, Carmichael Gym and Aquatic Center and much more
- The First Year College Academic Advisor offices are located in the FYC Commons. If you need to see your Academic Advisor, just walk right across the street!
- Your orientation course, Introduction to University Education is conveniently taught in the FYC Commons.
- Students in the FYC Village have exclusive enrollment for a collection of linked First Year Inquiry courses (small classes taught by outstanding faculty) that sometimes meet in the FYC Commons. Students may select from a variety of courses, all of which will meet a General Education Requirement towards a major at NC State.
- Resident Mentors (RMs) and Resident Advisors (RAs) encourage community building, academic excellence for all residents and a positive social environment.
- First Year College Ambassadors
Amenities and virtual tours
Be sure to apply early for housing for next fall! Space is limited.
For more information about University Housing, contact the TOTA (Tucker, Owen, Turlington, and Alexander Halls) Assistant Director at (919) 515-8648. Also be sure to check out the Living and Learning Villages web pages.
For more information about First Year College, call (919) 515-8130.
This page last updated by mmrust- January 2, 2013 11:32 AM