Applying for Admission
Applying for advanced study at NC State is easy with the Graduate School's online application system.
The NC State Graduate School oversees the admissions process for all graduate programs at NC State. Criteria used in making decisions will vary according to the college and program being applied for, but all decisions include an evaluation of the applicant's potential for graduate work and the ability of a program to accommodate additional students.
Typically, each academic department accepting graduate students will form an admissions committee and review all requests, then forward its recommendations to the Graduate School for final approval and processing. Graduate School regulations determine the classification of graduate student status granted to each applicant accepted.
The NC State Graduate School now accepts online applications only. We are happy to assist you with the online application and admissions process, and we are always happy to answer questions. You can also check the status of your pending application online.
Please be aware that different programs have different application deadlines, and there are some programs that accept applicants only once a year. In addition, international students often have earlier application deadlines.
For more information:
- Check out the requirements that apply to your program, so you are aware of any special deadlines, funding opportunities, or other information you may need. (Note: There may be additional fees associated with student identity verification for distance education students who take remotely proctored exams.)
- Be sure to double check all priority deadlines that may apply to you in order to ensure we have all the information we need in time.
- Apply online using our convenient web-based application system.
- Check your application status online 24/7.
- Review our FAQ for more information on many Graduate School topics, or ask us any specific questions not yet covered.