Enjoy Your Graduate Student Years
Now that you are a graduate student, we think you'll find the following information useful. We've worked hard to provide you with the services you need to enjoy your graduate years with us:
- Review our New Student Survival Guide and enjoy a seamless transition to NC State's campus.
- Use the Graduate Student Online Reporting System (GSOARS) to track your academic progress, communicate with your advisers, and store your accomplishments and professional development activities in a database you can use to create a customizable CV.
- Our Graduate Catalog contains key information you will need during your graduate career, including degree requirements, program descriptions, faculty listings, and resources available to you.
- Check out the financial support open to you as a graduate student, including research, teaching and extension assistantships, fellowships, and the Graduate Student Support Plan (which includes health insurance and tuition remission).
- Apply to become an NC resident for tuition purposes or review information on and procedures for becoming a North Carolina resident.
- Review NC State's many student support services and learn how they can reduce stress in your life and increase your academic and personal success.
- Take a look at the technological support available to you while you are enrolled at NC State.
- Familiarize yourself with NC State's academic resources and how they can help you better manage your time and perform to your full potential.
- Take advantage of the Graduate School's Thesis and Dissertation Support Services for workshops, seminars, and other events to help you with the writing you have to do as a graduate student.
- Explore our Preparing Future Leaders program that teach you the skills you will need to succeed both in Graduate School and as you enter the workforce.
- Learn to prepare for graduation and enjoy the rewards for all of your hard work as a graduate student at NC State.
- Access our electronic theses and dissertations database (ETD) for more information on how the NC Graduate School is using technology to encourage a whole new generation of media-rich publications.
- Check out NC State's student organizations, including several created specifically for graduate students. There's plenty to choose from — and pursuing non-academic interests can help you build a more rewarding, balanced life.
- Review our FAQ for more information on many Graduate School topics, or ask us any specific questions not yet covered.