NATIONAL NETWORK FOR ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT STUDIES (NNEMS) FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
SPONSORING AGENCY: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
PURPOSE: The purpose of the NNEMS program is to:
- Provide students with practical research opportunities in an EPA office or laboratory;
- Increase public awareness of and involvement in environmental issues; and
- Encourage qualified individuals to pursue environmental careers.
- Environmental Policy, Regulation, and Law
Environmental Management and Administration
Public Relations and Communications
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must:
- be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- be enrolled for academic credit at an accredited educational institution
- be pursuing an educational program directly related to pollution control or environmental protection for the duration of the fellowship
- be currently enrolled in a graduate or doctoral program or can provide proof of acceptance and enrollment to a graduate or Ph.D. program at the time of fellowship award
- have completed of at least one semester of graduate or Ph.D. work or at least four undergraduate courses related to the field of environmental studies
STIPEND: Recipients of fellowships receive a stipend based on their level of education, and the duration and location of the project.
DEADLINE: March 4, 2011
For further information and/or application materials, visit the NNEMS Home Page.