SEMICONDUCTOR RESEARCH CORPORATION GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP
SPONSORING AGENCY: Semiconductor Research Corporation
PURPOSE: The Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) is a consortium of North American companies dedicated to solving the technical challenges required to sustain leadership in the global semiconductor industry. The Graduate Fellowship program addresses the issues of improving educational opportunities at the doctoral level and supplying a relevantly educated work force for the semiconductor industry.
ELIGIBILITY: The graduate fellowship program is open to those students who:
- are U.S. citizens or have permanent resident, refugee, or political asylum status in the U.S.;
- are pursuing or planning to pursue a Ph.D. degree with research relevant to microelectronics under the guidance of an GRC/SRCEA-approved faculty member and with at least two years to completion of the doctoral degree;
- will be performing research under a sponsored research program approved by the GRC/SRCEA;
- are willing to provide a copy of his/her Ph.D. dissertation to the GRC for publication to the GRC web site.
- It is expected, but not required that Fellows will complete the Ph.D. in an area relevant to microelectronics and that upon completion of the program, will secure employment with an GRC member or U.S. government agency, or a faculty position in an accredited four-year U.S. college or university.
- Competitive stipend for up to five years of doctoral study
- Tuition and fees
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15, 2011