The National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) will celebrate National Postdoc Appreciation Week Sept. 16-20, 2013! At NC State, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) and the NC State PostDoctoral Association (PDA) have organized several events to celebrate our postdocs!
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 10am to 1pm: Postdoc Potluck and Family Social at Pullen Park, sponsored by the PostDoc Association. (Register here.)
TUES-THURS, SEPTEMBER 17-19: Postdoc-invited research talks at the Nature Research Center
Meet our speakers and check out the schedule!
Tuesday, Sept. 17
1 pm: Bryn Gaertner, Ph.D. (Biological Sciences) "What the sexy dances of fruit flies can tell us about human behavior"
2 pm: Monica Borghi, Ph.D. (Plant Biology) "A squeeze of lemon in your jet-fuel?"
Wednesday, Sept. 18
1 pm: Kota Takahashi, Ph.D. (Biomedical Engineering) "Building the next Robo-Cop"
2 pm: Andrea Torres-Barragan, Ph.D. (Plant Pathology) "What is a plant doctor?"
Thursday, Sept. 19
1 pm: Megan Andrews, Ph.D. (Soil Science) "Eating Rocks: Biogeochemistry in the Critical Zone"
2 pm: Jennifer Shields, Ph.D.
(Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences) "Using gut bacteria to track contamination on fresh produce"
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 12:30 to 3:30 pm: Postdoc Appreciation Celebration at the Hunt Library 2nd floor Multipurpose Room (Register here.)
- Recognize the winners of the 2013-2014 Professional Development Awards for Postdocs!
- Invite your PI to celebrate with us!
- Ice cream social! (free Howling Cow ice cream for postdocs and faculty)
- Postdoc-faculty trivia game!
- Hear about upcoming events from your PDA President and the OPA Director!
- Special thank you from Vice Chancellor Terri Lomax!
Learn more about National Postdoc Appreciation Week and the NPA!