A Great Place to Live and Learn
Campus life at NC State is lively and varied. It offers you numerous opportunities for building a rewarding and well-balanced life.
When you are pursuing a demanding graduate program, your ability to perform to full potential depends on your success in balancing academic, research, and teaching demands with your need for physical exercise, sound nutrition, relaxation, and fun. At NC State, we encourage our graduate students to reach beyond the academic setting as a way to enrich their graduate educations and to take advantage of the many professional and personal development opportunities that student life at NC State offers:
- Take a look at our student organizations, including many created specifically to address the needs of graduate students.
- Learn about our Preparing Future Leaders services, including mentoring and other support programs that bring out your career potential.
- Check out the Raleigh region to see why our area consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in America
- Explore community service opportunities at NC State and learn how you can help other people and communities while gaining real-world experience in your field.
- Learn how and why we strongly support diversity as a key component of a high quality graduate education.
- Check out housing opportunities at NC State, including many options ideal for graduate students pursuing more independent or family-based lifestyles.
- Review our food services options and learn how we balance the need for good value and good nutrition with convenience and flexibility.
- See how our student health and other support services can reduce stress in your life and increase your academic and personal success. All graduate students are eligible for NC State's voluntary student plan and students supposed on teaching or research assistantships that meet minimum requirements receive health insurance at no cost to the student through the Graduate Student Support Plan.
- Take a look at our disability support services and the special outreach programs we sponsor to ensure that the NC State graduate community is open and accessible to all.