NCSU-CSC China Scholarship Council PhD Scholars
Welcome and thank you for your interest in graduate studies at North Carolina State University! You can apply to any of the more than 60 doctoral programs at NC State including bioinformatics, plant pathology, materials science, computer science, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering.
As a Sister institution to Zhejiang University, NC State will:
First, you have to determine which program best fits your academic interests. We invite you to ‘hit’ the link for Fields Offering Graduate Degrees. Review the summary information for each program and also click on their link (if shown in red) to visit their website for more details. You can also use the ‘search’ tool on our Graduate School Homepage to find an area that may not be listed as a program, example, ‘nanotechnology’ which may be offered through Engineering, Physics, etc.
Second, send an email to the Director of the program that interests you, describing your research and professional interests, and identifying yourself as a CSC nominee from ZJU. Ask for recommendations on a potential Advisor for your doctoral dissertation/research project.
How to Apply
You can quickly and easily apply to the Graduate School online. You may begin to apply online during one web session, save the partly completed application, and then use an automatically generated Personal Identification Number (PIN) and your birth date to complete the process later. Partly completed applications will remain in the system for six weeks. Completed applications will be processed only when the Graduate School receives your application fee.
What You Need
The following items comprise the application for graduate study at NC State University:
- Completed online application for admission to the Graduate School;
- Non-refundable $75.00 payable to NC State University (credit card online or money order);
- One unofficial transcript from each college and university attended;
- If required by the program, an official statement of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores and/or other standardized tests
- Official statement of English Proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS); for ETS, our institutional code is 5496
- Recommendations from three people who know your academic record and potential for graduate study;
- Statement of purpose and career goals (required by many programs)
Most programs admit students for the Fall or Spring semester. The Graduate School application deadline for CSC applicants is February 1. Some programs have deadlines earlier than those of the Graduate School, please ensure that you submit your application for the earliest deadline.