Introducing the 2014-2015 MGC and NPHC Executive Boards
The Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) is excited to begin their third year under a new name and vision with the leadership of the six Executive Board officers for the 2014-2015 academic year. Please welcome the following new officers to the MGC Executive Board:
- President: Megan Jones, Alpha Pi Omega Sorority, Inc.
- Executive Vice President: Joseph Kuttickal, Delta Sigma Iota Fraternity, Inc.
- Vice President of Programming: Leah Chevis, Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
- Vice President of Finance: Nicollette Alston, Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
- Vice President of Public Relations: Brittany Fifield, Kappa Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- Vice President of Administration: Stephanie Knowles, Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
Shortly after their election in mid-April, the new officers attended a transition retreat to set expectations for the upcoming year, plan programming and initiatives, brainstorm new ideas and set goals both individually and as a team.
The council also met with outgoing officers to discuss strengths and challenges of the past year. The new officers look forward to continuing successful initiatives and adding new programs and services for council members.
On behalf of the Department of Greek Life and the incoming MGC Executive Board, we wish to extend a sincere “thank you” to the 2013-2014 MGC Executive Board officers. To Charan, Megan, Cari, Janet, and Wendy: thank you for all of your inspiration and dedication to the MGC and Greek communities. Your commitment to the values of the council has built a strong foundation that will benefit the MGC for years to come.
Welcome the 2014-2015 NPHC Executive Board
The National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) is the council comprised of the “Divine Nine” historically African-American fraternities and sororities. At NC State, we have six active chapters out of the total nine. The council works to unite its organizations through a common goal of contributing to the political, spiritual, social, economic and cultural life on campus through active programming efforts and community service.
During the past year, the NPHC at NC State developed collaborative programming, planned and hosted the second annual NPHC Retreat, improved academic support and increased their presence on campus.
As the academic year comes to an end, the 2014-2015 NPHC Executive Board officers are beginning their term in office. At the Department of Greek Life, we anticipate that great work will come from this group, and we wish you all achievement and success as the council continues to progress.
Please join us in a sincere welcome of the following new officers:
- President: Krystopher McRae, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Vice President: Ivana Mbullah, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Parliamentarian: Destinie Statum, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Secretary: Malik Simpson, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Treasurer: Demeyia Clark, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Community Service Chair: Alexandria (Alexx) Pitts, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Special Events Co-Chair: Victor Galloway, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Special Events Co-Chair: Malcolm Stephen, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Publicity Chair: Paige Hardy, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
The NPHC, as well as the Department of Greek Life, would like to express a warm “thank you” to the 2013-2014 NPHC Executive Board officers. To Chelsea, Ashley W., Malcolm, Erika, Rich, Thomas, Alexx, Ashley G., Kiki, Ebony, Kim, and Victor: thank you for your time, hard work and commitment to the success of the council. You all made this year in the council a special and important one, and we could not have created positive change or moved forward without your dedicated leadership.