Kappa Delta selects NCSU Senior as Leadership Development Consultant
MEMPHIS, TN – Kappa Delta Sorority is pleased to announce that Alycia McLamb, member of the sorority’s Eta Upsilon chapter at North Carolina State University, was selected as one of 14 leadership development consultants for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Kappa Delta’s consultant program is designed to provide chapters across the country with continuous support throughout the year. Consultants will travel August 2014 through April 2015 to chapters to assist with operations, recruitment and leadership development. In addition, they will help install and develop new chapters.
McLamb, an agricultural education major, played an active role in the chapter. She was a founding member and served as secretary, vice president of operations and held numerous other appointed positions. In addition to her involvement in Kappa Delta, McLamb served as an Alumni Association Ambassador, served on the Student Centers Board of Directors, and was very active in Future Farmers of America.
McLamb will join 13 other Kappa Deltas chosen as LDCs:
- Brianna Blackshire – Eta Beta, Bradley University
- Caroline Blevins – Epsilon Pi, Virginia Tech
- Farrah Coltrain – Zeta Rho, University of San Diego
- Liz Cordes – Zeta Gamma, University of Arkansas
- Abby Kemp – Eta Alpha, Texas A & M University
- Allyson Moore – Delta Psi, University of West Georgia
- Crea Petty – Alpha Epsilon, University of Tennessee
- Hilary Reeves – Alpha Chi, Louisiana Tech University
- Andrea Shook – Delta Upsilon, Tennessee Tech University
- Kim Trahan – Epsilon, Louisiana State University
- Megan Tucker – Eta Phi, Boston University
- Nicole Whitfield – Gamma Beta, University of North Texas
- Jennifer Jameson (Epsilon Tau-Clemson University), senior leadership development consultant
For more information about the leadership development consultant program, visit www.kappadelta.org or contact Leslie Merritt, director of chapter services, at 901.748.1897, ext. 212, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kappa Delta Sorority is a national organization for women with more than 230,000 members, 154 active collegiate chapters and more than 500 chartered alumnae chapters nationwide. In 2009, the sorority created the Confidence Coalition, an alliance of organizations and companies committed to promoting confidence in girls and women. In 2010, Kappa Delta established International Girls Day to empower girls to reach their potential. It also created International Women’s Friendship Month for women everywhere. Kappa Delta is active in a number of philanthropic endeavors, including the prevention of child abuse and confidence-building programming with the Girl Scouts of the USA. Kappa Delta’s national headquarters is in Memphis, Tenn. For more information, visit www.kappadelta.org.