Awards & Recognition
The calendar year 2013-2014 marked the 10th opportunity to use the Standards Program as a basis for the Greek Life Department Awards. The students who authored the Standards Program offered their community the following challenge:
Have Integrity, Be Accountable, Seek Distinction.
This year, we recognized 21 chapters who achieved excellence and distinction in one or more of the Greek community's ten shared principles. Awards were determined by reviewing materials submitted in the chapter Standards Program binders. Any chapter who met or exceeded the standard for the ten shared principles was eligible for an award.
A panel of four reviewed the binders and narrowed the eligible chapters to the top five to eight per shared principle, and presented awards to the top one to four chapters per principle. Both quantity and quality of programming was taken into consideration. Awards were given for outstanding performance in each of the ten shared principles, and to one fraternity and one sorority for overall excellence. Councils also recognized top-performing chapters based on various qualifications.
Standards of Excellence Awards
Fraternity and Sorority of the Year 2014
- Fraternity - Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity
- Sorority - Delta Gamma Sorority
Past Fraternity and Sorority of the Year Winners
- 2013 - Delta Upsilon and Sigma Chi
- 2012 - Epsilon Chi Nu
- 2011 - Phi Sigma Nu
- 2010 - Sigma Phi Epsilon
- 2009 - Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- 2008 - Delta Upsilon
- 2007 - Alpha Tau Omega
- 2006 - FarmHouse
- 2005 - FIJI
- Alpha Kappa Alpha and Zeta Tau Alpha
- 2012 - Delta Zeta
- 2011 - Alpha Delta Pi
- 2010 - Zeta Tau Alpha
- 2009 and 2010 - Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- 2009 - Delta Zeta
- 2008 - Delta Gamma
- 2007 - Delta Zeta
- 2006 - Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- 2005 - Lambda Pi Chi
Outstanding Alumni/Graduate Chapter Relations
Outstanding Campus Leadership and Involvement
Outstanding Council Involvement
Outstanding Educational Programming
Outstanding Financial Management
Outstanding Leadership Training
Outstanding Membership Development
Outstanding Risk Management
Multicultural Greek Council Chapter of the Year
- Awarded to Sigma Omicron Epsilon Sorority, Inc.
Interfraternity Council Caldwell Cup
- Awarded to Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Caldwell Chapters: Phi Delta Theta, Phi Gamma Delta, Sigma Nu, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Theta Chi
National Pan-Hellenic Council Thorpe Award
- Awarded to Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Panhellenic Association Sopher Cup
- Awarded to Kappa Delta
- Sopher Chapters : Alpha Delta Pi, Chi Omega, Delta Gamma, Kappa Delta, Pi Beta Phi
Outstanding Women Awards
Please submit all nomination applications by February 11, 2015