The Greek Village Master Plan (pdf) calls for
a phased redevelopment of the current Greek housing area into a vibrant neighborhood at the heart of the NC State campus. The
plan, originally designed by Sam Reynolds of Reynolds & Jewell Architects in 2006, has been refined slightly by Stewart
Engineering in spring 2014, but maintains all the core elements set forth by the Greek Court Redevelopment Task Force. The Village will
contain 20 lots for individual chapter houses, two rows of Greek Townhouses, a community center, amphitheatre, outdoor shelters
and other attractive amenities. Greek Village will be developed in 5 phases (pdf) beginning in 2008 with a target completion date of 2022.
Phasing Details (updated summer 2014)
Choose any phase image for a full-size version.
Phase 1: 2008-2016 (pdf)
- Chapters begin construction September 2011
- Kappa Delta opened fall 2012 and Sigma Nu opened in spring 2014. The remaining two houses are in design and should open fall 2015 or 2016.
Phase 2: 2013-2018 (pdf)
- Earnest money and Greek Village Letter of Commitments received from Sigma Chi and Sigma Kappa for Lot 20 and Delta Zeta for Lot 19.
- Demolition of Pi Kappa Phi house completed June 2014. Demolition of Phi Gamma Delta and Sigma Phi Epsilon summer 2015.
- Infrastructure work to begin June 2015.
- University begins construction of townhomes and apartments in June 2016.
- Chapters begin construction June 2016.
- Houses, Townhomes and Apartments open fall 2017 to fall 2018.
Phase 3: 2017-2020 (pdf)
- Earnest money and Greek Village Letter of Commitments received from Alpha Delta Pi for Lot 8, Pi Kappa Phi and Lambda Chi Alpha for Lot 9 and Kappa Kappa Gamma for Lot 11. The Greek Village Housing Association will determine final assignment of lots 9 and 11.
- Phase 3 was updated in 2014 to include Lot 11. The Phase image has not been updated.
- Demolition of Pi Kappa Alpha, Delta Gamma and Alpha Sigma Phi will begin May 2017.
- Infrastructure work will begin June 2017.
- Chapters begin construction August 2018.
- Houses open fall 2019 to fall 2020.
Phase 4: 2019-2022 (pdf)
- Earnest money and Greek Village Letter of Commitment received from Chi Omega for Lot 12, Kappa Sigma for Lot 14, Alpha Xi Delta for Lot 17 and Pi Beta Phi for Lot 18.
- Need commitments from three chapters and progress on previous phases to proceed.
- Demolition of Sigma Kappa, Kappa Alpha Order, Delta Zeta and MEAS Storage buildings May 2019.
- Infrastructure work to begin June 2019.
- Chapters begin construction August 2020.
- Houses open fall 2021 to fall 2022.
Phase 5: 2021-2024 (pdf)
- Earnest money and Greek Village Letter of Commitment received from Alpha Sigma Phi for Lot 5 and Chi Psi for Lot 7.
- Need commitments from one chapter and progress on previous phases to proceed.
- Demolition of Sorority Duplex and Entomology Lab May 2021.
- Infrastructure work to begin June 2021.
- Chapters begin construction August 2022.
- Houses open fall 2023 to fall 2024.
- Demolition of house 8 (currently Alpha Delta Pi) Summer 2024.
- To be completed as fundraising goals are met or partner funds are provided.