NC State Overview for Students
With more than 34,000 students, North Carolina State University is the largest university in the state and offers 110 different fields of study. NC State is consistently ranked by Princeton Review as one of the best values in public higher education in the United States. When you come to NC State, you'll be part of a university that is nationally and internationally ranked for its academic programs and research opportunities. You'll join a learning community that is as intellectually rigorous as it is personally and culturally enriching. When you come to NC State, you'll become part of a family that has only one thing in mind – your success.
Costs of attending NC State
College is a major financial commitment. But at NC State, we believe you'll get a significant return on your investment - a first-rate education from a comprehensive university.
Click here for more information about how much it would cost to be an undergraduate or a graduate student at NC State.
NC State University consists of 10 schools and colleges. Find the one you can call home:
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Design
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Poole College of Management
- College of Natural Resources
- College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- College of Textiles
- College of Veterinary Medicine
Check out the new student guide that was written by NC State students and international students who previously studied at NC State. The guide includes helpful information about traveling within the US, as well as getting around and enjoying the Raleigh community.
Check out university housing (on-campus dorm rooms and apartments)
Explore the various transportation options you have to get around campus and the city
Find out about dining options available on campus in various locations
Discover the six libraries on the NC State campus and everything they offer
Learn about the services provided by the Student Health Center
Cheer on our Wolfpack teams as they take on other teams in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC)
Get involved in sports and recreation with activities, sports, and outdoors adventures available on and off campus
Use MyPack Portal to register for classes and manage your academic and personal records
Learn how to use Moodle -
Raleigh & the Triangle
Raleigh is the capital and the 2nd largest city in North Carolina. With more than 400,000 residents, it's one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. Raleigh, along with Durham and Chapel Hill, are the main cities that comprise the Research Triangle region. The area is home to about 2 million residents. Below are some websites that will help you get to know what's happening in Raleigh and the Triangle.
- Visit Raleigh (visitor's guide to the city)
- Downtown Raleigh (find out what's happening downtown)
- Raleigh Citysearch (search engine for restaurants, movies, and local events)
- Triangle.com (event guide, powered by the News & Observer)
- News & Observer (the daily local newspaper)
- Indy Week (alternative weekly newspaper)
- Carolina Parent (guide for families)
- City of Raleigh (official website)
- Capital Area Transit (find Raleigh city bus schedules and routes)
- WakeGOV (official Wake County website)
- Triangle Transit (find bus schedules and routes to get around the Triangle)