Faculty- or Student-Initiated Contracts for Honors Credit
Types of Contracts
This contract will allow the student and faculty member to create an Honors experience in any lecture and/or laboratory course. The student initiates this application procedure by discussing the possibility with the instructor. Honors Contracts must involve a full-time faculty member. However, graduate students or part-time instructors could be involved in an honors contract if a full-time faculty member provided supervision and endorses the contract.
For this contract, faculty members announce the opportunity for more than one student to pursue Honors Credit in a Regular or Majors Course. Students may have unique assignments/expectations or the instructor may plan a group effort.
For Honors Capstone, Honors 298 and other contract forms and procedures visit the "Forms/Download" section.
- Additional information may be found on our Guidelines page.
- The UHP Director must approve the contract.
- An email will be sent to the student and the instructor with the process after the Honors Contract is approved.
- Near the end of the semester, a Faculty- or Student-Initiated Contract for Honors Credit Course Form will be sent to the instructor.
- Honors credit cannot be assigned until this form is completed and returned.
- A memorandum will be sent to Registration and Records to indicate “REQ Designation: Completed Honors Requirements” on the student’s transcript.
- Please note that, in general, Honors contracts cannot be used to satisfy University Honors Program requirements (i.e. HON seminar credit), though they may be taken by UHP students to fulfill the requirements of a disciplinary Honors program (i.e. CALS Honors).