Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
University Housing and Greek Life are committed to embracing diversity in all forms so that people are treated with dignity and respect. We foster inclusive communities of learners that offer everyone the opportunity to develop skills necessary to become contributing members of a diverse and multicultural world. Acknowledging that learning can occur through uncomfortable experiences, our goals are to:
- Create an environment where students, faculty and staff are valued and engaged.
- Expose students, faculty and staff to cultural differences through dialogue, leadership, and program opportunities.
- Recruit, develop, and retain talented staff members committed to diversity and who are representative of our students.
- Strive for multicultural competency among our students and staff.
- Examine beliefs and address conduct when they reflect an origin of fear, anger, ignorance, or hate.
We welcome and affirm the value, dignity, and uniqueness that each individual brings to our diverse communities. Join us in honoring the humanity that connects us, while appreciating the differences that distinguish us.