Welcome to NC State!
Resources for Incoming Freshmen
- Parking Permit Information
- Financial Aid
- Tuition and Fees
- New Student Orientation
- University Dining
- Student Organizations
- New Student Checklist
Living on campus places you right at the center of everything – in the heart of the Wolfpack. With dining halls, libraries, convenience stores and student centers only minutes from your residence hall or apartment, you will experience both academic and personal success.
At University Housing:
- We make life convenient with all the comforts of home.
- We’ll connect you to a community of like-minded students.
- Invest in your success by living next to all your academic pursuits.
- Your safety and security is our top priority.
- Our faculty and staff members care about your success at NC State as much as you do.
- Enjoy hassle-free living with all-inclusive housing costs, no reference checks and no application fees.
- Our maintenance staff members are pleasant, resourceful and easy to work with.
- Our residence halls and on-campus apartments are walking distance to classes and resources. You’ll save money on gas since you can walk, bike or bus anywhere on or near campus.
- Living and Learning Villages offer an unparalleled living experience for making life-long friendships and immersing yourself in the NC State community.
- University Housing is committed to embracing diversity so that all people are treated with dignity and respect. Join us in honoring the humanity that connects us, while appreciating the differences that distinguish us.
Know Your Options
- Residence Halls – We have more than 20 halls with an array of amenities and floorplans.
- On-Campus Apartments – For sophomore status and above, boost your independence in one of our four on-campus apartment communities.
- Living and Learning Villages – Join a community built from common interests. Live and learn with your peers while expanding your horizons.
Submit a Housing Application
Once you are offered acceptance at NC State, you’ll need to submit a Housing Application. The Housing Application is separate from admissions. Don’t procrastinate! Submit your application through MyPack Portal. Just enter your Unity ID and password to get started.
- Room assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Living on campus is not a requirement, though research shows that students living on campus haver higher GPAs and graduation rates than those who live off campus.
- You do not have to pay the Admissions Advanced Enrollment Deposit prior to applying for housing.
- Housing assignments for incoming students are released in mid-May.
- There are no freshman-specific residence halls unless you are participating in, the First Year College Village located in Tucker and Owen halls. This Village is specifically designed for incoming freshmen who are not sure what college they want to enter.
- On-campus Housing is not guaranteed. Students unassigned by July will be notified of their status. Assignments are made based on the date the application is received and available space.
- There is no charge to apply for housing.
- University Towers, College Inn and Valentine Commons are not part of University Housing.
- If you are under 18 years of age, your parent/guardian will need to complete the Parental Approval Form in addition to your application.
- The only pets allowed in on-campus housing are fish (10-gallon tank limit per person).
Still have questions? Read our FAQs for incoming students. Assignments staff members are also available at the Housing office, 1112 Pullen Hall, from 7:30 am - 5 pm (Monday - Friday). Students may also call (919) 515-2440 or email University Housing with questions.
Capitalize on the on-campus living experience! It is an investment in your future, apply now!