Delores "Gail" Owens,
Administrative Support for Wood Hall and Avent Ferry Complex,
Hometown - I am a native of Halifax County and alternate homes between Goldsboro and Rocky Mount, N.C.
1. What is your favorite University Housing moment?
I have worked at NC State for 8.5 years and my favorite moments have always been "Move-In Weekend" and interacting with parents, students and guests.
2. Why do you enjoy working at NC State?
I enjoy working at NC State because of the diverse environment, which presents many opportunities to meet people from all over the world. I also enjoy working here because NC State offers extensive opportunities for personal and professional growth.
3. Do you have a hidden talent?
A couple of my hidden talents are composing songs and writing music.
4. Do you have any hobbies?
My favorite hobbies are singing and playing the piano.
5. What is a day in the life of Gail Owens like?
Spending a day in my life, you would find yourself always searching out something new, being busy, busy, busy, and filled with laughter and adventure.
6. What are your favorite TV shows?
My favorite TV show is the ‘Andy Griffin Show’ and, back in the day, I simply adored the ‘Lawrence Welk Show!’
7. If a penguin wearing a sombrero walked through your door, what would he say?
A penguin walking through my office would say, come dance with me and "Take a break"!!!!!!