Resources for Returning Residents
- Parking Permit Information
- Financial Aid
- Housing Costs
- Housing Agreements
- University Housing Apartment Options
- University Housing Residence Halls
- University Dining
- University Calendar
Welcome back to University Housing!
To reserve an on-campus living space for the next academic year, returning residents should complete the Housing Selection process each spring. Check our website and your student email for dates and details on this annual process.
During Housing Selection, you’ll submit an online application for your preferred building, room choice and roommate selection. Remember that Housing Selection is a two-part process: updating your housing application and completing your room assignment.
When Housing Selection opens, you’ll apply through MyPack portal. Select: Student Services> University Housing>Current Student> Housing Selection.
Know Your Options
- Residence Halls – We have more than 20 residence halls with a variety of amenities and floor plans.
- On-Campus Apartments – Boost your independence in one of our four on-campus apartment communities designed to support your growth and success.
- Living and Learning Villages – Consider one of our Villages to make the most of your NC State experience.
- Housing Selection is held in the spring every year, typically in February.
- The Housing Selection process is based on where students want to live, not on seniority.
- If you want to return to your same room, you can (squatters rights), unless University Housing takes your room offline. (See next bullet)
- Each year, University Housing holds some room inventory for Living and Learning Villages, meaning some spaces may be unavailable for renewal. If your room is not available for renewal, you’ll be notified in advance of the Housing Selection process.
- If you are a returning resident, we can guarantee you a space on-campus since returning residents are assigned before incoming students.
If you have questions about the Housing Selection process, Housing Assignments staff members are available at the Housing office, 1112 Pullen Hall, from 7:30 am - 5 pm (Monday - Friday). Students may also call (919) 515-2440 or email University Housing with questions.