Other Safety Issues
- Breezeways: Out of consideration for others and because of the potential for damage to people and property, the following behaviors are prohibited: throwing or dropping any object from a balcony, breezeway, window or roof; and propping exterior building doors.
- Hall Sports: Residents are not permitted to engage in sports (Frisbee, golf, soccer, riding skateboards or bikes, etc.) within the buildings.
- Common Areas: Due to safety concerns, all common areas must be kept free from clutter and objects (bicycles, trash cans, boxes, etc.) that could interfere with passage from the building during an emergency.
The Code of Student Conduct addresses other safety issues including the following:
- Unauthorized entry to a restricted, locked, or closed building space, or entry into a building when closed for a University break;
- Failure to provide proper ID when requested to do so by a residence hall staff member acting in the performance of his/her duties;
- Vandalizing any University property; interfering or tampering with safety/security systems