All residence halls will be closed and residents will be required to leave their rooms during Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, and Spring Break. Specific hall closing dates and check-out instructions will be provided by University Housing before each break.
Note: Wolf Village Apartments does not close during breaks.
Limited guest housing is available during breaks. You can register online or call (919) 515-4398.
Break Closing Steps (for breaks longer than 5-days)
- Defrost and clean refrigerator
- Unplug everything except refrigerator and fish tank (if applicable)
- Remove all seasonal decorations
- Turn off all faucets
- Leave radiator in "on" position when applicable
- Close blinds and shades
- Do not store mopeds or motorcycles in room, suite, or hallway
- Empty all garbage
- Take all valuables
- Turn off all lights (overhead, desk, mirror)
- Lock room doors
Please Note: The heat will be turned off during extended breaks, except in open halls.