Resources for Transfer Students
- Admissions: Transfer Students
- Advising and Course Information for Transfer Students
- New Student Orientation: Transfer Students
- Scholarships and Financial Aid: Transfer Students
- International Transfer Application Process
Welcome to NC State!
Living on campus places you right at the center of everything – in the heart of the Wolfpack. With dining halls, libraries, convenience stores and student centers only minutes from your on-campus apartment or residence hall, you will experience both academic and personal success. With on-campus housing:
- We make life convenient with all the comforts of home.
- We’ll connect you to a community of like-minded students.
- Invest in your success by living next to all your academic pursuits.
- Your safety and security is our top priority.
- Enjoy hassle-free living with all-inclusive housing costs, no reference checks and no application fees.
- Our maintenance staff members are pleasant, resourceful and easy to work with.
- Our residence halls and on-campus apartments are walking distance to classes and resources. You’ll save money on gas since you can walk, bike or bus anywhere on or near campus.
- Living and Learning Villages offer an unparalleled living experience for making life-long friendships and immersing yourself in the NC State community.
- University Housing is committed to embracing diversity so that all people are treated with dignity and respect. Join us in honoring the humanity that connects us, while appreciating the differences that distinguish us.
- Our faculty and staff members care about your success at NC State as much as you do.
Know Your Options
- Residence Halls – Choose to live in one of over 20 halls with an array of amenities and floorplans.
- Apartments – Boost your independence in one of our four communities, E.S. King Village, Western Manor, Wolf Village and Wolf Ridge.
- Living and Learning Villages – Building community on common interests from art to sustainability and engineering to wellness.
- The S.T.A.T.E. Village at Wolf Village is designed specifically for second year and transfer students to become more involved on campus while enjoying the independence of apartment living.
Submit a Housing Application
Once you are offered acceptance to NC State, you’ll need to submit a Housing Application. The Housing Application is separate from admissions. Don’t procrastinate!
- Log in to MyPack Portal
- Select: Student Self-Service > University Housing > Prospective Residents > Housing Application
- Room assignments are made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You do not have to pay the Admissions Advanced Enrollment Deposit prior to applying for housing.
- Housing assignments for incoming students are released in early summer, typically by June 1.
- No, we don’t 100% guarantee that you’ll get Housing, but if you apply early you are highly likely to get in. If you apply at the last minute, you might find yourself on our waiting list.
- There is no fee to secure housing.
- University Towers, College Inn and Valentine Commons are not part of University Housing.