Living on campus is an investment in your success at NC State. With so many programs, activities, studies, research, classes, exams, labs and more, you have plenty to focus on during your time here. Let University Housing take the hassle out of finding the perfect place to live so you can spend more time focusing on your academics. Our residence halls and on-campus apartments will place you right in the heart of NC State so you can keep a pulse on the Wolfpack. Check out our Top 10 Reasons to Live on Campus and be a part of the “ON” crowd at NC State!
- Convenience – From dining options to Internet connectivity, we make living on campus as convenient as possible. Enjoy high-speed internet access in each room and wireless hotspots throughout our buildings. You will also find 24-hour service desks, computer labs, lounges and community kitchens throughout our residence halls and on-campus apartments. Each residence hall building also has in-house laundry facilities and a microwave/mini-fridge in each room. Apartments have full size refrigerators! We provide our residents with all the comforts of home so mom doesn’t have to.
- Community – Living on campus will help you meet new people and develop life-long friendships. Our halls offer thousands of social activities, programs and volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Discover new interests and get involved at NC State right away. Our on-campus staff members will connect you to important resources, groups, organizations and offices to help you get the most out of your college experience.
- Invest in Success – With easy access to libraries, classes, labs, tutor centers, mentors, faculty, student centers, speakers, seminars, programs and more, living on campus places you closer to all of your academic pursuits. Save money on transportation costs and increase your chances of success with personal and academic development opportunities only steps from your door. Students living on campus generally have a higher GPA and graduation rate than students living off-campus. How invested are you in your college success?
- Security – Your safety and security is our top priority. We partner with Campus Police to provide 24-hour safety and security in all of our on-campus buildings. Every room has a smoke alarm and an emergency sprinkler system. All of our buildings are locked for student safety and monitored by 24-hour security cameras.
- Hassel-Free Living – There are no reference checks or application fees to live on campus. Our all-inclusive housing costs are billed once a semester instead of monthly. Never worry about forgetting a utility bill or the rent. We also have a variety of room layout options and configurations to suit your taste. You can choose fully-furnished options or bring your own furniture, it’s up to you. We’ll even help you find a roommate with our simple roommate matching system. Spend more time living and less time worrying.
- Maintenance – Our easy work order system ensures that any potential problems or concerns that pop up will be taken care of quickly and efficiently. Our maintenance staff members are pleasant, resourceful and easy to work with. Sleep easy knowing we will take care of you.
- Transportation – Our residence halls and on-campus apartments have ample parking available to residents. Since you will only be steps from your classes and programs, you can walk or bike and save money on gas this term. If you prefer to take one of the buses around campus, check out the schedule before heading to one of the convenient WolfLine stops outside your door.
- Villages – Our Living and Learning Villages are small, interest-based living communities that engage students both inside and outside the classroom. Villages offer an unparalleled living experience for making life-long friendships and immersing yourself in the NC State community. Village life will help you get acclimated, guidance, ahead, access, social and involved.
- Diversity – At NC State, our differences make us who we are, and University Housing is committed to embracing diversity so that all people are treated with dignity and respect. We welcome and affirm the value and uniqueness that each individual brings to our diverse community. Join us in honoring the humanity that connects us, while appreciating the differences that distinguish us.
- Faculty and Staff members – We are here when you need us and always willing to answer your questions or concerns. Our Residence Directors, Community Directors, Assistant Directors, Community Assistants and Resident Advisors are all available to help answer questions and act as mentors. We care about your success at NC State as much as you do. We are here to celebrate your accomplishments and connect you to the right resources so you can realize your own success.
Are you ready to live on campus? Apply today!