This page contains training/reference resources for the PeopleAdmin system including manuals, training videos and guides, workflow diagrams, and other resources. If you have ideas or suggestions regarding materials that would be helpful for future addition, please email email@example.com. New items will be added frequently.
- PeopleAdmin 7 BASIC (HRA35)
- This is the BASIC level PeopleAdmin 7 class that will provide you with a generic overview of the interface. This basic training is great for people who have never used PeopleAdmin before and want to know more about its main functions and use at NC State. This training is not too technical and is appropriate from brand new initiators, approvers, search committee members and/or someone who wants to be introduced to PeopleAdmin.
- PeopleAdmin 7 ADVANCED (HRA32)
- Do you use PeopleAdmin frequently?
If so, we are offering this new hands-on, detailed training to our everyday users that will cover the functionality of the system as well as advanced techniques. This training is specifically designed for frequent users who initiate and manage many actions and use the system daily.
Prerequisites: HRA35 or approval by University Employment.
- EPA Non-Faculty Research Matrix
- This guide is designed to provide you the general guidance about the EPA Non-Faculty Research classification, and the type of positions on campus that would generally fall within IRPS - Research citeria.
- PeopleAdmin 7 User Guide 2.2 (updated 10/2012)
- This guide will take you step by step through the entire process, from entering the position description to closing out the posting. It is a great place to start if you have never used the PeopleAdmin 7 system or need to look-up how to do a certain task. Use the Table of Contents located on page 2 to quickly navigate the document and skip to desired sections.
- Position Management Cheat Sheet (1 page)
- This is a one page document designed to provide you the highlights of the Position Management Module. It is not as detailed as the User Guide, but will provide a quick “cheat sheet” style reference.
- PA Position Management - EPA Action & Salary Action Definitions
- This page is a list of definition to assist you with the appropriate selection of either: 1.) the type of EPA personnel action, or 2.) the type of EPA salary adjustment action.
- PeopleAdmin - EPA Actions Matrix (4 pages)
- This matrix was designed to serve as a quick reference tool that highlights the essential information that EPA Administration reviews for any of the following types of EPA actions: New Positions, Salary Adjustments, Appointment Length Changes, Title Changes, SPA-to-EPA Conversions, Update Existing Position Descriptions, New NTT Faculty Appointments, or Visiting Appointments.
- IRPS Criteria Guidance
- This guide is designed to provide you the general guidance about the EPA IRPS categories (I.e. Instructional, Research, Public Service/Extension, and SAAO II), and the type of positions on campus that would generally fall within the IRPS categories.
- Applicant Tracking Cheat Sheet (1 page)
- Provides the same “cheat sheet” style reference as the Position Management Cheat Sheet but for the applicant tracking module. It is only one page and covers the highlights of the module.
- Filling EPA & SPA positions in PeopleAdmin 7 (1 page)
- Are you tired of seeing SPA, EPA and TEMP positions in your queue that were filled months ago? If so, read this one page guide to mark those recruitments as “filled” and clean up your PeopleAdmin queue.
- Moving Multiple Applicant Statuses in Bulk (1 page)
- Are you spending an inordinate amount of time changing applicant statuses? Did you know that Initiators have the ability to move multiple applicant statuses at once? It’s easy and fast - just follow the steps on this 1 page guide.
- How to Log In to PA7 (4 min) - Flash| MPEG
- Short video dedicated to showing you the many ways to login to PeopleAdmin 7. Don’t forget to bookmark the site when finished watching this video.
- Basic Navigation of PA7 (9 min) - Flash| MPEG
- This video goes into detail about how to navigate the PA7 system. You will learn how to toggle between modules (Applicant Track and Position Management) as well as switch between user types. The video also reviews the inbox, watch list and the tabs on the home screen. It is a good video to watch if you are not familiar with the PeopleAdmin 7 interface or need a quick refresher.
- Position Description Overview (22 min) - Flash| MPEG
- This video is a step by step tutorial on how to enter a position into PeopleAdmin 7 through the Position Management module. This is a great video to watch if you need detailed instruction about how to enter a new position description. Great for visual learners.
- How to Post a SPA/EPA Position (5 min) - Flash| MPEG
- This video will show you step-by-step how to create a posting from an approved position description so you can start gathering applicants for your vacancy.
- Search Committee Member User Access (7 min) - Flash| MPEG
- Are you on a Search Committee and need to learn how to access application materials? This video will show you how to use your Search Committee user type to access applicant materials for positions that you are assigned as a Search Committee Member.
- How to Clone a Position Description & Posting (8 min) - Flash| MPEG
- By popular demand, this video will show you how to clone a position description or a posting. Cloning is useful if you are creating multiple similar positions or postings.
Feel free to send PeopleAdmin 7 video requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com