Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less
Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less (ESMMWL) returns to NC State!
The Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less program is a weight-management program that uses strategies proven to work. Each lesson informs, empowers and motivates participants to live mindfully as they make choices about eating and physical activity. The program provides opportunities for participants to track their progress and keep a journal of healthy eating and physical activity behaviors.
The program will be offered at NC State all over campus so we encourage you to take control of the new you by committing to this 15-week course! Sessions will begin the week of January 9th and will cost $30.00 per participant but if you complete 10 of the 15 sessions you will be reimbursed $25.00. Registration for the program will be done both online and in person, so sign up now!
What to EXPECT?? Each lesson includes:
- In-depth information about why the behavior is important for weight loss and weight maintenance
- 3-5 minute physical activity break
- Concepts that can be adopted by the whole family
- Opportunity for sharing and celebrating
- Suggestions for living mindfully
- Guided discussion of strategy for the week
- Time for each participant to assess body weight in privacy
What will you receive?
- Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less Magazine—a full-color magazine that
contains the most salient points from each lesson, recipes and more.
- Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less Journal—a small booklet that helps
participants keep track of their weight, food eaten and physical activity.
- Invitation to participate in the Eat Smart, Move More—Maintain, Don’t Gain
Holiday Challenge—a campaign that encourages participants to maintain their
weight during the busy holiday season. The Holiday Challenge helps participants
learn how to enjoy the holidays without adding extra pounds.