Lactation Rooms on Campus
To support its faculty and staff, NC State University now offers dedicated lactation rooms on campus. The following list of locations represents the early stages of this initiative.
- Talley Student Center – Baby Care Room 2122A
- Administrative Services Building III - Room 355
- CVM Main Building – Room C115B
- SAS Hall - Room 5121
- CVM: Randall B. Terry, Jr. Companion Animal Medical Center - Room 1517
- Harrelson Hall - Room 333
- James B. Hunt Jr. Library, Room 1201
To learn more about best practices for lactation room design, read these tips from the American Institute of Architects.
In accordance with provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), upon request, suitable space must be provided for employees who require lactation support. Review the guidelines for NC State University at: http://www.ncsu.edu/human_resources/classcomp/lactation-support.php