Flu Vaccination Clinics for Faculty and Staff
REGISTER FOR A SEASONAL FLU SHOT...
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina's "Stick It to the Flu" program makes getting a seasonal flu shot convenient for State Health Plan (SHP) members and others.
The flu vaccine is available at NO charge to all SHP members when you receive a vaccine at one of our on-site clinics, any in-network doctor's office, at an in-network health department, a participating Minute Clinic, or through a participating North Carolina immunizing pharmacist. Important information you need to know:
NCSU Onsite Flu Clinics
- Our on-site clinics are available to all employees, postdocs/CVM house officers, retirees and dependents. The registration site is now open with various dates, times, and locations for your selection.
- Those not covered by the SHP, BCBSNC, or Medicare Part B will be charged $30 (cash or check only) per seasonal flu shot.
- The flu mist will not be available.
- Maxim, BCBSNC’ contracted vendor providing the vaccinations, requires children four to 17 have a parent/guardian present at time the shot is administered; Children under 4 must go to a physician for seasonal flu shots.
- Although documentation will not be required, expecting mothers should receive clearance from their health care provider before receiving the vaccine.
- Members must present a valid SHP or BCBSNC, Medicare ID card and a photo ID.
- Members who receive other services in addition to the flu shot will be required to pay any applicable copayment, coinsurance or deductible amounts. To find an in-network provider, visit Find a Doctor and search for "All Primary Care" under Specialty.
Participating pharmacists (NOT pharmacies, except participating CVS MinuteClinics)
- Eligible members may go to an in-network, immunizing pharmacist (NOT pharmacy) or CVS MinuteClinic to receive a flu shot. A limited number of pharmacists have contracted with BCBSNC to administer the flu shot. Only eligible members ages 14 and older may receive flu vaccinations from pharmacists. Some members may pay a copayment, deductible or coinsurance, depending on their specific benefits. To find in-network pharmacists, visit Find a doctor and search for "Pharmacist (Flu & Other Limited Injections)" under Specialty. To find a participating CVS MinuteClinic, search for "Convenience Care Center" under Specialty.
Key Facts About the Seasonal Flu Provided by the CDC
(Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
Program Details in Spanish
FAQs in Spanish
Note: The H1N1 vaccine is now part of the standard flu shot.