Classification & Compensation
Classification & Compensation provides consultation in strategic workforce planning and administration of the North Carolina Office of Human Resources (OSHR) compensation plan for University Staff Employees that are Subject to the Personnel Act (SPA) of North Carolina.
The Classification and Compensation Department facilitates effective organizational management and equitable classification and salary decisions for the University's workforce by providing:
- Consultation for organizational and position design
- Organizational reviews and studies
- Compensation analysis and administration
- Job analysis and evaluation
- Determination of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) designation for positions
- Customized training and various courses offered through the HR Academy.
SPA Positions - How to create or change an SPA position.
Job Categories (JCATS) – A job taxonomy based on the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) used for the federal reporting of university and college data.
Pay Ranges - Compensation ranges for SPA, EPA and temporary employees.
Fair Labor Standards Act - U.S. Department of Labor criteria for determining which employees are subject to or exempt from the overtime provisions of the Act
Additional Compensation - On-call, Holiday Premium, Shift Premium, and other circumstances that justify additional pay.