EPA Create a New Position
Create a New EPA Position
Departmental growth and restructuring often creates the need for new position support. The position responsibilities are reviewed to ensure adherence to the guidelines for establishing EPA positions. Managers may find the EPA Analysis Tool helpful in determining whether or not a position should be classified as EPA, based on the responsibilities. Once a position has been approved for EPA designation, Human Resources communicates the necessary information to the department and the College/ Division enters the action to request a position number in the Human Resources Information System.
Requests to create and reclassify (or re-title) faculty positions are coordinated by Human Resources and are requested using the processes described above. However, the Office for Equal Opportunity is the approval authority for establishing or re-titling faculty positions and approval notification will be provided by a representative from that office.
- REG 05.15.1 Procedures for Determining the Classification of EPA Positions
- Office of State Human Resources EPA Instructional and Research Guidelines
- Analysis tool for Determining Non-Faculty EPA Status
- REG 01.20.1 Delegation of Authority
EPA Administration Office
- Adalia A. "Jessie" Sova, Director EPA Administration, 919-515-4315
- Ryan Bernarduci, EPA HR Consultant, 919-513-7630