BOT Policy 1.03: Academic Affairs and Personnel Committee
The Academic Affairs and Personnel Committee has the following delegated authority:
- 1. Personnel Actions. On the recommendation of the Chancellor :
- 1.1 Approve appointments, promotions, and compensation of EPA personnel for which further approval of The UNC President and Board of Governors is required .
- 1.2 Approve appointments, promotions, and compensation for all other EPA positions, authority over which is allocated to the Board of Trustees by the Board of Governors and for which the Chancellor has not been delegated authority under BOT Policy 4.02.
- 2. Policy Development. Upon the recommendation of the Chancellor, to recommend to the Board of Trustees personnel policies not otherwise prescribed by State law, the University Code or policies of the Board of Governors, for personnel in all categories of University employment.
- 3. Appeals.
- 3.1 Discharge and suspensions. In a manner consistent with the Board of Trustees' Policies and Procedures, with applicable policies of the Board of Governors, and with State law, to hear appeals of discharged or suspended employees from actions taken by the Chancellor when the applicable policies allow such appeals.
- 3.2 Disposition of grievances. To hear and render a decision on appeals from the disposition of grievances where the appeal alleges a violation of policies, rules or regulations adopted by the Board of Trustees. However, where the decision of the committee is to reverse the decision being appealed, the Committee shall recommend its decision to the full Board of Trustees whose decision shall be the final institutional decision.
- 4. Academic Programs. To review academic program proposals and other matters related to the program proposals, and upon the recommendation of the Chancellor, to recommend such programs and proposals to the Board of Trustees.